NI Trucks Limited is a commercial vehicle dealership selling a full range of new and pre-owned vans and trucks from its primary site in Mallusk. As part of a larger organisation we are supported by a network of regional partners across the Province and all Ireland. Iveco is an international leader in the development, manufacture, marketing and servicing of a vast range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles selling more than 150,000 vehicles each year.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Service Manager to manage its workshop operations in Mallusk. We currently employ in excess of 20 technicians working a two shift system with 24/7 breakdown cover. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Operations Director and will be responsible for all aspects of the Service department operation including:
- Managing the day to day operation of the service department to ensure the achievement of key targets such as workshop loading, productivity and labour sales.
- Ensure a supportive environment and a workplace that creates the conditions conducive to delivering excellent standards of workmanship.
- Day to day management of workshop technicians in conjunction with the workshop controller, and including service advisors and warranty staff.
- Work with all Service staff to ensure that the highest levels of quality are achieved.
- Ensure that the workshop operates as efficiently as possible with high productivity levels.
- Leading and motivate your team by personally demonstrating and encouraging the skills and behaviours associated with the Iveco and NI Trucks brand values.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports as required and liaise with dealership management to ensure a smooth running sales focused business.
- Carry out regular meetings with technicians to deal with any problems and constantly evaluate productivity and efficiency.
- Build effective relationships with Iveco staff that will provide swift and positive responses when required.
- To ensure financial targets are met within the Service department.
- Seeking out new business opportunities, while establishing and maintaining relationships with customers.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager and other departments to maintain an effective marketing strategy that underpins the development of the business.
- Work with colleagues and other teams across the business to seek out and deliver continuous improvements and provide a seamless service of the highest quality to all our customers.
- Proactively developing and retaining key customer accounts.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept in a clean condition at all times and a high level of general housekeeping is observed. Ensure that all equipment is kept in working order and all tools are maintained in a calibrated state as required and stored in an orderly and safe manner.
- Responsibility for maintaining a register of all workshop tools and equipment
- Our apprentices are our future and you will be required to review their training requirements and those of all workshop personnel to ensure that the required manufacturer training courses are completed and training plans are kept in place to ensure we have adequate technical skill resource available.
Health and Safety
- Manage Health & Safety processes to ensure statutory and company compliance, environmental care and the maintenance of safety systems and safe ways of working within the service area.
- Perform and record routine safety inspections or risk assessments on equipment and premises.
- Ensure that all required environmental conditions are fulfilled and maintained.
Essential Experience/Qualifications required
- You must recently have at least three years’ experience with a vehicle dealership or other similar environment as a Service Manager.
- You must be customer focused with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a service team.
- An in-depth knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Full valid driving licence.
- Qualified technician.
- Good technical knowledge of commercial vehicles.
- Possess IOSH (or equivalent) certification.
- Experience of the Kerridge/CDK DMS would be advantageous.
- Driving licence C1 or C2 .
- The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change. It should be noted that the duties, designation and location of the post may be subject to change to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- NI Trucks reserve the right to review the experience and qualifications required depending on the volume of applicants.
- If you feel up to the challenge and have the relevant experience and ability we need please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter outlining how your experience meets the needs outlined above.