NI Trucks Limited is a commercial vehicle dealership selling the full range of new and pre-owned vans and trucks. We are the principal Iveco franchised dealer in Northern Ireland and we have our head office in Mallusk. Iveco is an international leader in the development, manufacture, marketing and servicing of a vast range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles selling more than 150,000 vehicles each year.
We have an immediate vacancy for an Assistant Contract Manager to manage all operational and administrative aspects for delivering high quality servicing, repair, and maintenance of all client vehicle. You will be able to demonstrate a track record of being able to lead and motivate a team and manage budgets. Your communication skills will be excellent and your attention to detail to exceed customer expectations will lay the benchmark for your team and the business. This position would ideally suit someone who has an inbuilt belief in their capabilities.
The main purpose of this role is as follows:
- To manage all operational and administrative aspects for delivering high quality servicing, repair, and maintenance of all key fleet clients’ vehicles
- To have responsibility for fully supporting the acquisition of new key fleet business
- To identify the key players within existing key fleet contracts and to develop strong key stakeholder relationships with them to help support the business and aid contract retention
- To manage a field-based team of up 6-8 dedicated staff and a significant contractor network in a large geographical areas carrying out service, repair and maintenance.
- To oversee the standards and targets set for excellence, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, productivity and cost control of labour, contractors and any other resources are fully met.
- To ensure that all workload, which may include servicing and repair work, is forecast jointly with workshop control and that adequate resources are available to meet client demand and contractual standards of service.
- To be responsible for setting and achieving targets / standards of service, business growth, customer satisfaction, productivity, cost control and contract profitability.
- To ensure that the competence and performance of all staff is regularly assessed and appropriate actions taken to address development and performance issues.
- To work in conjunction with other departments providing support services to ensure efficient operation of NI Trucks.
- To meet with clients on a regular and frequent basis to review the progress of each contract and determine future agreed actions to ensure contractual obligations are met or exceeded.
- To meet with contractors on a regular basis to monitor and review performance and agree actions to ensure excellent levels of service to both the education clients.
- To deliver the standards and targets set by the business for excellence, customer satisfaction, productivity and cost control.
- To deliver prime margin targets on all key fleet contracts and thus ensure that the business achieves its budget objectives.
- To forecast and meet manpower targets to ensure an effective manpower/workload match.
- To manage and control customer complaints to ensure that they are dealt with speedily and in accordance with company policy.
You will ensure that all group policies, processes and initiatives are followed thereby helping to drive the performance forward. You will possess the required technical knowledge and experience of the automotive industry together with up to date knowledge of consumer and vehicle legislation.
You will provide a role model for excellent customer service and you will also demonstrate co-operation and give appropriate attention to identifying and understanding customers’ needs and responds in an appropriate and timely manner.
- At least three years’ experience in a managerial/ supervisory role (within the automotive industry).
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of managing a large fleet of commercial vehicles (100 + assets)
- You will be a highly driven person able to work independently
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in the leadership and development of a Service team
- You will have a desire to deliver the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- You will be IT literate and proficient in the use of software such as Microsoft word and excel.
- You will have a full valid driving licence.
- 5 years’ experience within a similar role in a target driven environment of the automotive industry.
- Experience of the Kerridge DMS.
- Previous experience in compiling and submitting tenders for public sector contracts.
1. The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change. It should be noted that the duties, designation and location of the post may be subject to change to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
2. NI Trucks reserve the right to review the experience and qualifications required depending on the volume of applicants.
If you feel up to the challenge and have the relevant experience and ability we need please email your CV to email@example.com outlining how your experience meets the needs outlined above. The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 April 2021.
Job ref: NIT/AssistantContractsManager/04/2021